Thursday, July 9, 2009

Things I did at the beach...

[This is a guest post from our youngest blogger: Geek Girl. She dictated to Daddy Geek, who wrote it down, but didn't edit it.]

I went to the beach in San Diego. There, I made homes for sand crabs - and mud pies. Mama Geek made a mud nest, and so I pretended there were baby maiasaurs in it, and when it was all full of water, I rescued them. There were ten baby maiasaurs.

Sand crabs live in the sand at the beach. They dig little holes in the beach with their legs. They live in big groups, where they dig up the sand a lot. You can find them when water comes to their homes or when you kick across the top of their homes. You can also dig them up with your shovel and then watch them climb back into the sand. Here's how to make a sand crab home: put your shovel into the sand, then pull it back out, then pat the place where you did that.

I also made mud pies. Mama Geek helped me make a pot where I made the mud. I put some more sand in the wet pot and then I took it out and put it on some of the drier sand, then patted the top of the globs of mud. Then it looked like a good mud pie. I made these mud pies for the mud monsters.

I also played in the water. I went where there were good places with waves to ride into the shore. First, I waited for a wave to come in, then I jumped into it and swam as close to the shore as that wave would take me. Then I went and did it again and again. Later, I did that with a boogie board with Daddy Geek. It was a little scary the first time, but then Daddy Geek helped me balance the board (he rode on the back), and then it was more fun and less scary.

That's it!

4 comments:

  1. Private pools with waiting lists? Are you kidding me?

    I am way to Midwestern to understand that!

    Global Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get this, I believe you also have to pay an initiation/registration fee when you join the pool. It's like belonging to a country club without the golf. Yes, the East Coast is a little different.

    I don't know why the comments aren't working well.

    ReplyDelete