Sunday, January 4, 2015

Turkey Trip: Cats

In Turkey, we did lots of things, including going to the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul and taking a hot air balloon ride, but my favorite part was the cats. We saw 157 of them-25 in Cappadocia and 132 in Istanbul-although I might have counted some twice. I didn't take any pictures of them in Cappadocia, but I took several in Istanbul.

Here are some pictures of cat number 55, aka The Hagia Sophia Cat:

Curling around the wall


You can't see it in this picture, but there are lots of other people taking pictures of this cat. I heard someone say that it doesn't know where to look because there are so many cameras!

Here is a picture of the 77th cat, who is a calico we saw by a small playground. 

She's looking at the camera!
We saw cats 82-91 in a little shelter by a construction site. They even have furniture! It looks comfortable.

Cat number 81 outside the shelter, between Daddy's legs 

One view of the shelter
A closer look
This is the 100th cat!


This is a cat we saw in a little cat house on the way to the Topkapi Palace. I don't remember its number.

Looks comfy!

This is a cat we saw on the steps of the Archeology Museum. I think it's around number 154.

What are you looking at?

Here are some mosaic "cats" inside the Archeology Museum.

March, march, march

I thought we were going the other way!

One night, after seeing all these cats, I was inspired to draw this picture:

Pet me!


So even though some people say that the main attractions of Turkey are mosques and other buildings, I think the main one is the cats.

1 comment:

  1. I love the calico cats! Did they inspire any new stories? Love all your pictures! Love, Nai nai

    ReplyDelete