Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Mayhem 2012

March Mayhem was Friday! Mommy drove ahead and Daddy and I walked. Daddy painted my face and I painted his.



After we painted each other's faces, we started walking. We stopped at Flippin' Pizza for dinner on the way. We got to the middle school soon afterwards.

When we got there I got pompoms. Then we found Mommy and went to look at the gift baskets for the raffle. I ran into two of my friends. When I was looking for Mommy I ran into my teacher.

We got into line with our neighbors. When we got into the gym, we tried two different seat arrangements before we sat down. Then there was a flag ceremony and The Star Spangled Banner. I found out that I know more of the national anthem than I thought.

Soon afterwards the teams came out. My school came first and the middle school (MS) came out afterwards. They played knockout to decide who got the ball first. Then the game started. My school scored first, but MS tied quickly. A pattern started of one team scoring and the other team bringing it back to a tie.

In the break between 1st and 2nd period, they had a basket shooting contest. Ms. R. was the first player from my school. I don't remember who the first MS player was. In the 2nd period my school won the first half. At halftime my friend E and I went on the floor. A bunch of students from my school were cheering and jumping by one of the hoops. I started cheering too and lost an earplug.

Then I hurried back to my seat for the 2nd half. In between the 3rd and 4th periods the mascots tried to shoot but none of them did. The 2nd half was tied. A player from my school dunked the ball but he was a second too late! As he slammed the ball down the whistle screeched. But March Mayhem was still fun. My school didn't lose and we have been losing for ever!

After the game Daddy and I walked to the ice cream shop where Mommy met us. The ice cream felt good after the screaming.

[Daddy Geek helped edit a bit - mostly to clean up names.]

No comments:

Post a Comment