Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow & Cookies

Daddy Geek left on Saturday morning and Sunday morning Geek Girl and I woke up with colds. Geek Girl has been well enough to go to school and I've been suffering from sinus congestion, but we're okay. Auntie Geek was supposed to arrive in the wee hours of this morning, but there's this little snowstorm here that has canceled flights and things.

They joke around here is that anytime snow is predicted there is a run on bread, milk, and toilet paper at the grocery store. I was at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's yesterday morning and it wasn't too bad, but I'm sure it got worse as the day went on. I was stocking up on yummy things to eat with Auntie Geek (oh well) and baking supplies.

So, Geek Girl and I have been doing some Christmas baking. Check out these cute reindeer cookies.


Geek Girl wanted me to say that the cookies look yummy.

I'm trying to take it easy and being very careful to wash my hands frequently and not cough in the direction of the dough and baked products.

Here are some pictures of the snow on our balcony. Daddy Geek told me I should take Girl Geek out and I'll probably regret not doing so due to hyperactivity, but I don't feel like dealing with sopping wet child by myself.

An appropriate saying on our balcony door.


And a shot of the door from the floor.


Depending on how quickly the school bus routes get dug out there may or may not be school on Monday. And who has school the week of Christmas anyways? Virginia does because they don't start until after Labor Day.

Daddy Geek and Auntie Geek are both scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon (at different airports). Daddy Geek was planning to taxi home anyways. I'd like to pick up Auntie Geek, but I'm not sure if I should really be out on the roads. Right now the above ground metro stations are closed, including the one at National Airport, but hopefully it will be open tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment