Friday, August 21, 2009

We're still here...

The hot and humid days of August are here, so we're going to the library and hanging out in the pool a lot. On Tuesday night we went the the Nationals game because the Colorado Rockies were in town. Geek Girl wanted to know what happens when the Nationals win, but unfortunately, we still don't know. They've been winning more games than usual, just not when we are in the audience.

I was excited to find out that there is going to be a Simulcast of The Barber of Seville at the Nationals Ballpark on September 12. But after the game I realized that Geek Girl just gets too tired to walk back to the metro so I have to decide if I really want to see free opera enough to have to carry the kid (since Daddy Geek will be out of town). The Kennedy Center will be having an open house and international book fair that day, so maybe we'll go to that. Or I guess I can spring for the pedicab...

Daddy Geek is traveling again, so Geek Girl and I leave today on an adventure to visit friends in Amherst.

Last note about food. Geek Girl does not tend to eat sandwiches so we rarely go to sandwich shops. Monday night Daddy Geek was working late and had the car, so I convinced him to stop off at a Bahn Mi place to pick up vietnamese sandwiches after I had already fed Geek Girl. Baguette-like bread filled with fragrantly cooked meat and flavorful pickles. Yum! Why did we wait so long? Oh yeah, finicky Geek Girl. Anyways, for the game Tuesday night, I went back and picked up sandwiches for the game, which were WAY better than hot dogs. Geek Girl of course had chicken tenders. Hey, at least she ate some protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment