Saturday, July 19, 2014

Squid Hats

A couple of weeks ago was Cephalopod Week. Cephalopods are squids, nautiluses, octopodes, and cuttlefish. Daddy found some Vampyroteuthis infernalis (vampire squid) hat templates. I colored them, cut them out, and taped them together. Here we are wearing them:

Geeks in squid hats
Earlier Mommy had put them on some of the bears upstairs. I gathered them together, put the hats back on, and took a picture. I couldn't get the squid heads to stand up straight.
Beebo Bear, Ping Pong, and Grizzy Bear in squid hats

Last, I took a picture of a cephalopod wearing a cephalopod hat. This is Cuttles the cuttlefish:

Cephalopod in a cephalopod hat
Conclusion: Squid hats fit geeks in all shapes and sizes.
If you would like to make your own squid hat, here is the link: Squid hat PDF

2 comments:

  1. Ok...I need one of these! Will that make me a grandma geek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take the Mom out of biology, but you can't take the biology out of Mom.... JL in UK

    ReplyDelete