Sunday, November 25, 2012

Old Rag

On Friday 11/23/12 Daddy and I hiked up Old Rag. This is us at the bottom at about 10:45:





The trail was rocky and it zig-zagged back and forth a lot. I got tired soon after we started, so Daddy gave me almonds and chocolate-covered blueberries.

After a lot of normal steep trail, we came to "the rock garden", a part of the trail with a lot of rock scrambling. There was a rock that hung at an angle over another rock. I had to get on my side and squirm under it. A little after that there is a "staircase" of rock. Here I am in front of it:





Here is Daddy in front of it:




At one point we found a rock balancing on another rock. Here I am "holding it up":



After more scrambling and hiking we finally reached the summit. We reached the summit around 1:45. Here we are standing in front of the sign saying that we reached the summit:



Here we are on the tippy top of the summit:



Here we are where we ate lunch (in front of that rock):




Here is the view:


After all that we had to hike down again. We left the top around 2:45. The sign (see above) told us that we had 5.2 miles left. There are 9 miles in the trail. It took until around 5:00 to finish.

The hike was pretty fun, but it was tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment