Monday, September 21, 2009

A little mixed-up

This past weekend we were finally all here after four weekends of some or all of us being away. We had a busy two days and one of us will blog about it soon, but before I forget I wanted to mention my language confusion. On Saturday night we had dinner at a restaurant in Chinatown. I asked a question in Chinese and then proceeded to finish ordering in my special blend of Chinese and English. When I finished ordering I said danke instead of thank you. And according to Daddy Geek, I was saying und instead of and. I guess when my brain is required to speak foreign languages, it doesn't really pay attention to which foreign language I'm speaking.

2 comments:

  1. I've had similar language confusion. Still laughing at the poor man's face in Mexico when I started babbling terrible German at him. I'll use German when English is a better choice and not even realize it! Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds funny to speak german when you are trying not to.

    ReplyDelete